View Single Post
Old
10-16-2011, 05:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I knew there was someone on the boards that was an avid cook, I just couldn't remember who it was. I'll definitely give that one a try at some point. I've never actually had duck before.

The pork chops were a relative success. I need to have the proper equipment next time (didn't have a serrated knife to cut the chops with so the pockets were a little shallow), but it's definitely a piece with potential.

I'm trying to turn this into a hobby myself. It's active, quite rewarding, and is good with the ladies, but it also keeps me from spending oodles of money trying to get into Warhammer 40,000...
I have known John since middle school. I can personally vouch for his cooking expertise. Any recipe he has is worth trying, regardless of difficulty or time consumption. Also, if you have a recipe that might need a little work, he is the man to ask.

FWIW, duck is an excellent dish if cooked correctly. In my own experience, though, it is easy to dry out duck meat. Admittedly, my experience is limited.