View Single Post
Old
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
I'm late to the party. I fell asleep Saturday night, and then work and travel and a few other things have kept me from watching this game until now. Just finished it.

My two cents from the game

Huge hit by Rinaldo. Doughty is a great hockey player, so it's a shame that he's injured, but that hit was massive. If he has to be injured, due to some greater scheme by an all-knowing deity or other, I don't mind it happening against us after such short a time. I can be a bit selfish like that at times.

Happy to see Brière score, would be nice if he could get going properly. That line looked better overall I thought.

Richards had a pretty decent hit on Voracek, and set up the winning goal. He was also dominant in the faceoff circle. Would be a bit typical if he finally started getting really good in there after he's left us. Overall however, we were decent in the faceoff circle.

It would be nice to see some more 5v5 time, especially since we were clearly the better team during that play, not all of that is on the refs though. We need to smarten up and stop taking so many unnecessary penalties.

Carle didn't have the best of games imo (but what do I know, he got the first star of the game, I believe), but he kind of made up for it with the goal I suppose. Hope we don't have to wait another 57 games for the next one... First star should have been Quick without a doubt, imo. Great play by JvR on Carle's goal though.

Mitchell had a strong game for their side as well, he stepped up for them when Doughty couldn't finish the game. Pronger was our best player imo.

Couturier continues to impress though. It is still very early of course, but he looks like a keeper for sure.

7 out of 8 points after facing Bos, NJ, Van and LA is a pretty ok result I'd say. Now, let's crush Ottawa. Also, I wouldn't mind it if we gave Bobrovsky that game.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote