View Single Post
Old
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I don't think they owe us anything. I think we are already spoiled as it is. 82 games a year televised, all pre-season games televised....95 reporters covering the team, 20 radio stations(obvious exaggeration).

You've been told enough already. They've reported when he stopped skating, Martin gave an update a few weeks ago giving a rough but very vague approximation. You've recieved news about when he last went to the doctor. You know that he's going to the doctor tomorrow as well. How about you just stay patient and stop acting so spoiled. You're lucky you even get any of this info at all.

Some of you would have died if you'd have to live in the 50s and 60s without internet and tv where communication was slower.
I can only imagine what my clients would say if I used your line on them. "You're spoiled. Be patient. You're lucky I communicated with you last week." Holy crap, what a way to run a business!

Seriously now, whether you recognize it or not, we are the customers of the Habs. They owe us information because, ultimately, they owe us their business. The Montreal Canadiens aren't entitled to our ticket money, nor are they entitled to ad revenue. They command their high prices only as long as we hold them in high regard. You may not remember this, but there were many years in the 90s and early 2000s where the team was NOT doing well, where they had to scramble to sell tickets. Wanted to see a game? There were lots of empty seats to choose from. They spent a fortune marketing themselves to the fans, recreating the organization's image into the user-friendly city-wide phenomenon it is today.

Bottom line: They gave us what we wanted and we bought the product. These are the same rules that apply to any business, ESPECIALLY one in the entertainment industry.