View Single Post
Old
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I can only imagine what my clients would say if I used your line on them. "You're spoiled. Be patient. You're lucky I communicated with you last week." Holy crap, what a way to run a business!

Seriously now, whether you recognize it or not, we are the customers of the Habs. They owe us information because, ultimately, they owe us their business. The Montreal Canadiens aren't entitled to our ticket money, nor are they entitled to ad revenue. They command their high prices only as long as we hold them in high regard. You may not remember this, but there were many years in the 90s and early 2000s where the team was NOT doing well, where they had to scramble to sell tickets. Wanted to see a game? There were lots of empty seats to choose from. They spent a fortune marketing themselves to the fans, recreating the organization's image into the user-friendly city-wide phenomenon it is today.

Bottom line: They gave us what we wanted and we bought the product. These are the same rules that apply to any business, ESPECIALLY one in the entertainment industry.
Then don't buy tickets anymore... there will be more for me to buy.

The object is to win games... if the team feels that there is an advantage in not letting your opponents know the exact injury status of players (and tons of teams believe this) so be it.