View Single Post
Old
10-16-2011, 10:42 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I realllly want Grigorenko but I realllly don't want to watch this team lose 45+ games.
Well, it is going to happen in the future like in 15-20 years when Price and Subban are at the end of their careers, so be prepared. But I sure hope we don't have to tank for too long to get a number 1 elite center or elite winger or defenseman to become a cup contender and to get back on top of the league. If we did get a lottery pick, I would want Yakupov or Galchenyuk IMO but I wouldn't mind having Grigorenko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamiltonhabfan10 View Post
Yeah this is the problem with most teams, and the reason why the best teams are the best, seems like you almost have to bottom out to get a 1st line centre
Yeah, but if we don't get that 1st line center soon, other teams like Florida, Washington, Pittisburgh, Edmonton, Ottawa and Chicago will be at the top of the league pretty soon (5-10 years) or will continue to contend and will beat us out in winning the cup. In other words, simply if we don't tank for our star forward soon, we will definelty be beaten easily and might not the playoffs anymore. It will eventually catch up to us.

But there is good news. We may not have to tank becuase this year's draft is very deep in elite talent and teams that didn't pick a defenseman last year will be looking to draft an elite dman instead of a forward becuase they desperately need one (i.e Edmonton, N.Y.I, Winnepeg). With that happening hopefully, some geat forwards could be left for us to take and build around that superstar forward that we have needed in a long time (hopefully Galchenyuk or Forsberg falls off a bit just enough for us to snatch him at 18-20, which is very very unlikely).

Last edited by Mike8: 10-17-2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: merge
AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote