View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Not fair. Although many felt as you say, many didn't. This is a prospects board at base, as you so well know (big fan of yours here) and McDonagh was a key focus of interest in reaction to the trade. For me he was the trade. I don't remember if I expressed it clearly here but my objection from the first was entirely about McDonagh. Higgins for Gomez was fair, Valentenko was a throw in ( I was very high on him myself, but he'd gone back to Russia already so he wasn't part of the future here.). McDonagh was a future core player, EXACTLY the kind of player we currently lack. I disctinctly remember hearing about the trade on the radio and storming out of the shed where I was working (long story) and yelling at my father in outrage that we'd given away a bruising, minute crunching prospect. My blood was boiling. I've since cooled a bit and given management more credit for the overall rebuild than I did in that moment, but it was the loss of McDonagh that had me outraged. Nothing else. I'm not alone in that, I suspect.
For sure. I rarely get angry over anything (probably not healthy) and even I posted 'Now I'm pissed' after McD was discovered to be involved.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote