View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
****newsflash*****

This isn't the 50's or 60's, so it doesn't matter what it was like then.

This is the now. The reality is, we didn't get an update or a vague approximation. We got a BS answer that he's on plan but then since then, everyone refuses to answer what is the plan. That isn't an update, that is skirting the issue and not answering.

The reality is, NHL teams are required to report certain things to the media, its part of the NHL rules. So don't claim we are spoiled, we aren't, it is what it is.

We are spoiled though. Yes there is a requirement but in more than half the markets hockey is an afterthought, and teams only have 1 or 2 guys who focus exclusively on its coverage, if that many. I try to find out the injury situation of a day to day player for my pool, if Yahoo doesn't know than nobody does. With the Habs you get 20 journalists on twitter immediately posting all rumors, speculations, and quotes as soon as they come out, in two languages.

Does that mean the club should try and hide things from us? No, and I hope they don't, but they should be putting the players interest first even if it means not updating us 24/7.