View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Your clients would go to another business... what will you do, move to Nashville and start watching the Preds ?

seriously...
I like this answer 'cause it's funny. But I don't think following a sports team is on the same scale of necessity as, say, needing a plumber. If my interest in the Habs diminishes, it's not like I have to quickly switch to some other team to keep my basement from flooding.

Perfect example: I used to see a ton of movies, about 40 to 50 of 'em per year. I wrote reviews and administrated a film website. A couple of years ago, my wife suddenly became a hockey fan (after being together with me for 16 years and having grown up with a hockey fan for a brother -- go figure). Suddenly, Saturday nights went from dinner-and-a-movie to pub food and hockey game. I went from going to two or three games at the Bell Centre to currently going to 10 games, plus another couple in other cities. In other words, money and time I used to spend on film, I now spend on hockey. Now, I'm too old of a fan to ever stop watching the Habs, but disappoint my wife long enough and I can easily see the thousands of dollars I'm currently spending on tickets being re-routed to another leisure activity.