View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I like this answer 'cause it's funny. But I don't think following a sports team is on the same scale of necessity as, say, needing a plumber. If my interest in the Habs diminishes, it's not like I have to quickly switch to some other team to keep my basement from flooding.

Perfect example: I used to see a ton of movies, about 40 to 50 of 'em per year. I wrote reviews and administrated a film website. A couple of years ago, my wife suddenly became a hockey fan (after being together with me for 16 years and having grown up with a hockey fan for a brother -- go figure). Suddenly, Saturday nights went from dinner-and-a-movie to pub food and hockey game. I went from going to two or three games at the Bell Centre to currently going to 10 games, plus another couple in other cities. In other words, money and time I used to spend on film, I now spend on hockey. Now, I'm too old of a fan to ever stop watching the Habs, but disappoint my wife long enough and I can easily see the thousands of dollars I'm currently spending on tickets being re-routed to another leisure activity.
haha! maybe you should tell your wife you're going to stop buying tickets cause you didnt have "rehab news" of Markov often enough to your liking...