Thread: Recalled/Assigned: 10/25 - Bell returned to Whale
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Because it's not speculation without anything to back it. I've seen people get very defensive of players Tortarella has said no to, Mara, Lisin, Zherdev, Avery, etc. yet when they're out of New York, what exactly happens to them? Find me one guy that's been remotely successful in New York after Tortarella forced them out of New York. And outside of Mara, it's usually the player just has something wrong with their head.

All 29 other teams had a chance at Avery at his current salary, they all passed. Avery hasn't been all that effective here since he came back. Time to move on.

And I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on Christensen either. The only reason he's still here is that he could end up being helpful at one point or another for the Rangers and he's cheap.

I don't think the 4th line is why we haven't won a game yet. At some point Christensen is going to get thrown into the mix of the top 9 where he could prove himself useful int he short term, and we'll be happy he's dressed if we make it to the shootout, especially with Zuc in the minors and Wolski hurt.

I won't shed any tears when Christensen is waived, but I'm not so full of blind hatred for him not to see his (limited) value. And despite playing on a very weird line of Rupp-Christensen-Zuc/Prust, he looked decent.
and i've seen people who hate avery say that he is a distraction in the locker room which is a complete fabrication. he is gone but not because hes a distraction.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote