View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Subban's in a tough spot this year because he's being called on to be our best offensive d-man as well as defensive. I think that he'll be allowed to play a bit more like himself with Gorges alongside him. As far as the other D pairings are concerned, we're really in "cross our fingers" mode. It's not that that Diaz, Emelin, and Weber aren't good--its just that they're so inexperienced. It will really be up to Price to hold down the fort the first month or 2. If he's not we're going to be in trouble i think, but i'm confident he can be a difference maker.
Yup. They're being thrown in to huge roles real quick (Weber, Diaz, Emelin). PK has to turn it around in a hurry. Stop trying to do everything himself or do too much and use his teammates.

As for Price he looked bad Saturday but that's going to happen when the D in front of you gives the other team's shooters so many looks. The first goal shouldn't even have happened. Emelin had 3 Habs open on the right side all he had to do was slide the puck that way. Instead he softly backhands it cross-grain right to an Avs player and next thing you know pucks in our net. Obviously the Subban giveaway is another goal that shouldn't happen. Guys are walking in our zone not getting hit and can take the center of the ice as they please right now.

Price is going to have to be huge agreed, but he's exposed now. Other teams know it and are running him and the center lanes are wide open. Way too many good looks and way too many shots are getting through from good scoring areas.