View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
You totally fell into the trap. Go look at the results of the last 30 teams who lost in the Finals and what they did next year. The only two teams who made it back to the Finals (and won) were led by Gretzky and Crosby. Teams ALWAYS bounce coming off of that. He didn't quit, he was out of gas. Pronger was still hurt. Carter got hurt again. Versteeg was hurt. Best player on the team was JVR, and he had sheltered minuted in 2010. It was generally the reason why I was more or less willing to give the Flyers a pass on the whole season.
I wasn't expecting the Flyers to make the Finals again last year. I can deal with them losing. It's losing and not showing an effort that I have a problem with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, athletes who don't care routinely play through illness and injury.

The Carter witch-hunt will always be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen from Philly fans. Can't you people find legit criticisms based in reality? Or does reality need to be ignored since all rational observation tends to prove he's actually a good player?
Here's your criticisms based on reality. What percentage of Carter's goals were against sub-par teams? But the best fact based criticism I can give you would be his playoff stats.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote