View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
I have a completely serious question for everyone. Everyone seems to have excuses for Richards and Carter. Hurt wrist, broken foot, the media is mean, the veterans in the locker room are mean, Homer's an idiot etc. Everyone seems to blame everyone except Richards and Carter. So my question is, if they were so great for us why were they traded?
In no order:

Bryzgalov, cap space.

Their contracts were too large a commitment for them to live up to going forward.

Carter is and was an *******. I personally think he and some of his actions were divisive in the locker room. He had good reasons for a lack of statistical success in the play-offs to date, but at the same time, he hadn't proven himself a valuable post-season player to the organization. I think he's going to be fine if he ever gets a healthy play-offs in, and he is a good player, but I don't care for him at all.

Richards was given too much too son as far as responsibility IMO. I think he is Captain material, but was given the C too soon. I also think his personal relationship with Carter gave the team additional incentive to move him once they moved Carter.

The situation just needed a reboot for everyone involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Exactly....both those players share NO responsibility and to suggest otherwise makes you a hater!
No, to claim that players quit, or stopped trying or however you want to word it, when it's pretty obvious that they didn't...that makes you a hater.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote