View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 02:50 PM
FlyersFanSinceBirth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Your feeling is obviously that Richards didn't give all he had.

My argument, based on history and the percentages, is that he did.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on it. You're going by history and percentages and I'm going by my opinions on what I saw. I believe I'm right and you believe you're right. Unfortunately we'll probably never know who is 100% right, if either of us really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
There was a whole TEAM that played like that in 86-87....almost beat a dynasty. I will always remember that TEAM. I look forward to our new cast of players/individuals after the reset button was pushed to gell as a Cup TEAM (vs little groups and cliques) and actually win it. I will support this new TEAM like I always have since 85-86...Carter and Richards had a nice run and I thank them for their contributions..I.... like management didn't feel they could bring it and in Richards' case only because he soured on the coach and invariably the team. We couldn't afford to fire another coach although Lavy has his issues..hence we had to fix the culture of the team and I think we have. We will be better served in the long run than if we had kept a disgruntled Richards who apparently was described as being a "wall" from a team source after the exit interviews this season and a Carter who is injury prone, suspect when it comes to intensity with the playoffs and one-dimensional and not ideal for the system Lavy is trying to employ.
Couldn't have said it any better than that aside from thanking Carter for his contributions. Carter can suck it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
In no order:

Bryzgalov, cap space.

Their contracts were too large a commitment for them to live up to going forward.

Carter is and was an *******. I personally think he and some of his actions were divisive in the locker room. He had good reasons for a lack of statistical success in the play-offs to date, but at the same time, he hadn't proven himself a valuable post-season player to the organization. I think he's going to be fine if he ever gets a healthy play-offs in, and he is a good player, but I don't care for him at all.

Richards was given too much too son as far as responsibility IMO. I think he is Captain material, but was given the C too soon. I also think his personal relationship with Carter gave the team additional incentive to move him once they moved Carter.

The situation just needed a reboot for everyone involved.

No, to claim that players quit, or stopped trying or however you want to word it, when it's pretty obvious that they didn't...that makes you a hater.
I think if they needed to make room for Bryz then they could have moved someone other than their captain and leading goal scorer. But they didn't and it's for a reason. I agree that Richards was given too much too soon and would have been captain material eventually. But I think that ship as sailed, unless he changes his ways that he became set in after he was here for a few years. And yes, claiming a player quit when he obviously didn't does make you a hater. But I don't see where it's obvious that he didn't quit.

FlyersFanSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote