View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I wouldn't use Red Army results as any sort of indication. Kucherov and Gusev PPG is very impressive in the MHL. And their KHL transition is normal, remember Kuznetsov in his first 1.5 years in the KHL? not too impressive, it's a phase and most young guys go through it. Right now Barbashev is getting a fair shot. I like their policy so far.

Considering the amount of '94-'95 talent the Red Army has on their team, they are actually doing ok. I remember when they played poorly 2 years ago, but at the same time developed Kucherov and Gusev- well worth it.

Steel foxes are a bit more concerning, Zdunov, Apalkov, Potekhin and Soloviev all deserve some 1st team time and MHL might be slowing down their development a bit. They've been around the league for a while and have outgrown it. On the other hand, it's good that the strongest juniors are playing in the league- making it stronger and more challenging.
Would it do any good to any of these players to have them play in the VHL? I understand that they have little left to learn out of major junior hockey.