View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
Before I started someone told me that college is like the rest of life. If you believe everything someone else tells you you're going to wind up worse than they are.

I had some great professors. I also had some that should probably disappear from the face of the planet. I agreed with very few of them. But I can now argue and rebut the most looney of nutjobs because I paid attention to the madness and picked it apart on my own time. I also know when it's just not worth it because someone will never waiver despite the craziness of a position.

By junior year I realized college wasn't all about books and tests. You learn to deal with people you love, hate and want to secretly murder.

I still keep in touch with a few of my professors. One is a season ticket holder. We agreed on very little but still got along great. I thought I was going to fail one class miserably because I argued with the professor over a point I just couldn't let go. In the end it turned out he loved it because I didn't back down just because he was in charge. He told me to keep doing it.

And then there was that one guy who taught Appreciation of Literature...
I am actually learning that as well. I am just stunned by some of this. Not like I am actually going to listen to any of these clowns, but still. I've realized I've been on auto pilot in my thinking for almost a year now...