Thread: Speculation: Gunnarsson to NYR?
View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Tumsh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
From what I have seen, Gunnarsson is not out of his comfort zone playing on the PP and distributing the puck. IMO it would allow the Rangers to bump Sauer or McDonagh down a pairing to play them with Erixon or MDZ as a steadying influence.

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Gunnarsson
Erixon-Sauer
He is on the Leafs second PP I think. He has a pretty good breakout pass, and he can move the puck around in the offensive zone. But I don't think he's bringing anything fantastic to the equation. He's not going to be an offensive black hole, like some people, but he's not exactly a catalyst either.

I think my comment about his ok, but not good offense came out a bit wrong. He's adequate, but he's not the kind of defense man that will make your offense thick, though he's not going to sabotage it either. But I don't think he's a massive upgrade over anyone in the Rangers's top 4, not enough to justify giving away good assets anyway. Because you will end up with one guy who is too good to be playing on the 3rd pairing. And his skill set is sort of what the Rangers have already.

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote