View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I know. I guess I'm just confused why you responded to my post in the way you did though. I said I don't think they would mind being that close ($25k) to the cap with Schenn up and you said they had $1.1 million to fall back on at the beginning of the season.
yes, with Schenn back in the minors.

What are you basing it on that they wouldn't mind being that close to the Cap on? That they have been since the start of the Season? Well that was my point, with the available space they could get by placing Lappy on LTIR, they really weren't that close to the Cap. They had that room to work with.

If they send Rinaldo down, along with Betts and Lappy on LTIR, and bring up Schenn, they really would be truly that close to the Cap. With no room for error. Other then the ability to send a Schenn or Read down to gain some space needed such as if a Goalie was injured. Or Waive a player such as Shelley. Teams like to have some Cap space in case it's needed. It's really not a good idea to operate that close to your team's Upper Limit. You should have available space to call up a player or two.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote