View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 01:49 AM
Boondock Saint

vCash: 500
The Forgotten One

After a couple years of floundering around the RSL, Mikhnov really seems to have turned it around. He's playing close to a point a game hockey and has a positive plus/minus, on a poor Sibir team in the low scoring Russian SuperLeague.

I am posting this because I have seen his name mentioned with some of the Oil first round blunders in the 1990's, and most non-Oil fans seem to have written this guy off after a rough couple of years.

Personally, I feel that he is a better prospect than Niinimaki (especially since his shoulder injury, he might turn into Josh Greenimaki if that thing doesn't heal properly), Pouliot, Rita, Stoll..... hell, I'll just put him at the top of my list.

At 6'5, 215, this guy is approximately the same size as Semenov and has shown some real skill. (Check the prospect stat thread for some videos) If his skills translate to the North American game, this guy could be a potential top line player for us.

Mikhnov - Niinimaki/Pouliot - Hemsky

It's great to see some potential top line talent coming up for once. Now for a few defensemen.....

Question for Guy - What are the odds of Mikhnov coming over next year, and will the possibility of a lockout have any bearing on him coming over??

Is Frank Musil ever around Skyreach, and if so, what does he have to say about the kid?? Or anyone else who might have seen him???

Thanks in advance.