View Single Post
Old
10-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Enough of the Markov hate! Seriously my friends, we need to support the guy and hope for the best. The Canadiens owe Markov this contract based on what he has done for the organization. He in turn has worked very hard to come back to prove how much he cares about his job, the Montreal Canadiens hockey club, and its fans.

Besides, its Molson's money that is being wasted. Yes, it sucks that he is out right now, especially since we could have had the (suspended) Wiz. But look, the Habs kept cap space on the table so they could go out and get a defenseman if Markov won't be able to play. When that became evident they went out and signed Campoli. A solid defenseman, but not the ideal replacement, especially since we already had too many puck moves. The Habs know they need to find a Hamrlik replacement, and I am sure they are looking. Emelin and Gorges are two solid shut down dmen. Emelin is still adjusting and Gill is not playing physically. For these two reasons we are having trouble. Its a shame that Woywitka was claimed, because he could have been useful, even though he is pretty awful. But what other options do we have?

Here is a small list:

Henry and Mitera would be ideal, IF they were better. Not really options.

What about the trade front? All we really need is a Sheldon Brookbank type of guy. A big, strong dude who can dig pucks out of the corner, as well as deal some punishment to those that go into the corner.

Physical defenseman are useful to have, but a smart, strong one is just as good. This is what Hamrlik brought to the table. While not overally physical, he provided strength and used it to be good on the boards and corners, as well as in front of the net. So - who is out there I ask?

Wait for Markov, could be a steal. Either way, the Habs owed it to him, and I personally commend them for taking that risk and showing loyalty.