View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 12:24 AM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Ovechkin was selected at time when there was no case with KHL and other No agreement cases around russians. Yakupov wouldnt be currently on top spot neither top 10 if he would stayed in Russia. So again , Tarasenko might be not in the same talent level with Ovy but who knows? All other indicators beyond the spot on Draft are pretty equal.
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, I guess it's kind of silly to argue over that now. I just take exception when fellow Blues fans use the "he scored like Ovechkin did in Russa!" argument. That just leads to overrating and then most likely disappointment when he doesn't reach that level in the NHL. I had that exact same conversation with some friends this weekend so maybe it just grated on me a little extra today.

If I were to make a realistic projection for him and compared his overall talent level(not style) to other Russian wingers then somewhere between Radulov and Semin is a fair projection without going to much into the overrating area. If he exceeds that, great! But if that is what we realistically see from him, then we are likely to come out with one of the top 5-6 players from that draft class.