Thread: Proposal: [NYI/ANA] Okposo for Sbisa
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 04:17 AM
TheZec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
What's Bailey's deal? Is he progressing like you'd guys like? I've seen him play a couple of times in person and he's very impressive, but I know Islanders fans were a little disappointed last year.
Bailey is struggling, as is Comeauu (who got benched for the game against the Rangers). He shows flashes of brilliance, but till yet he couldn't produce. There are still high hopes for the kid, because is young, but also some worries about is true potential.

That's why I tought Okposo was better than a Bailey + Comeau offer. Okposo is already a second liner, but Bailey and Comeau... we can only hope they will become second liners at this point. Which doesn't adress a need for the ducks.

Anyway, Okposo being held off the scoresheet is not why I proposet this trade. I included him because I think the Islanders have enough dept up front and a player who could slot into the hole left by Okposo (Nino - maybe even Comeau or Rolston, but I agree this could be scary), and obviously because you aint gonna get Sbisa from Anaheim by giving them scrubs or unproven players. Anaheim is not rebuilding, even tough their second line as it is now will likely last only for this season. In Okposo you have a player who has proven to be a capable second liner who has room for improvement. Speaking of prospects, the Isles have some nice D prospects in Donovan and de Hann, but neither of them plays the phisical, punishing play that Sbisa plays and that the NYI lack.

I tought that Isles fan would have taken it more favorably than the Ducks fans, because for them losing Sbisa is creating an hole that for a playoff team is not affordable. Adding Mottau to the equation would not help either, because he is not very reliable. So it would be Murrays priority to find another Top 4 defenceman!

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote