View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 07:53 AM
TheBakester66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Question:

There is a lot of speculation that Alex Galchenyuk's injury could be much more severe than initially thought. ISS has Galchenyuk ranked (in October rankings) 17th behind other injured players like Marcantuoni (12th) and Frk (14th). Personally, this seems obsurd to me to have AG that low (even with his injury). How much could you see Galchenyuk's potential injury hurting his draft stock? How low could he fall in your opinion?
I think that despite the injury, there is quite a bit of seperation at this point between Galchenyuk and Marcantuoni or Frk or anyone else for that matter.

Unless some guys start coming out of nowhere with meteoric climbs, and given the lack of high-end depth at forward this year, I still do not see Galchenyuk out of the top 5 or 6 in this years draft. Even if he doesn't play till January he'll get enough games in to reimpress scouts. Remember Brett Connolly's injury, which at the time was deemed as somewhat serious, and led to him playing only 16 games in the WHL, and he still went 6th overall to Tampa. I see Galchenyuk as a much more complete player than Connolly was at this point.

TheBakester66 is offline   Reply With Quote