View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
I agree Coolasprice. But for me it's been since the summer.

When we didn't re-sign Wiz and Hamrlik I had that feeling we'd be in for a long season. I admired Gauthier for throwing the bank at Markov and sticking with him but personally I would have tried to retain those two instead. Still early so I might still eat these words.

I really, really miss Wiz. He wasn't the best defensively granted, but he was exciting, played with an edge and showed up every game. Not to mention he was deadly on the PP with that shot and invisible stick.

People's expectations of Emelin worried me, the constant bashing of Gomez and JM just takes the wind out of me.

Then when the injuries started piling up I just started to not get that feeling I get every year when we rally around injuries and pull through.

I hate to say this, but looking at teams like Buffalo, Philly, TB, Pittsburgh, Washington I feel they all improved. I look at Buffalo's defense and I think how in the world are we supposed to compete against that with our rookie D. Hell, even Toronto looks strong right now. I just don't know if this is a playoff team.

One thing I do like is our forwards though. We have a good blend of strong young players and veterans, 3 lines that can score.

I just don't know if we'll be able to keep the puck out of out net though and the way Price is getting run really worries me.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote