View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Gainey#1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I don't really get how some of you call yourselves fans. I'm loving it so far the season, I love that hockey is back and the Habs have a very solid and competitive team this season. I can't wait to see half the posters in this thread getting all giddy over a win-streak.
Hey, I really hope it happens, I just don't see how it is possible.

I really don't think we have enough scoring to win us games consistently this year.

Sure, on "paper" we have 3 balanced lines..but once the game starts they are unable to finish the plays off. Through 4 games already, they have failed to capitalize on numerous scoring chances against Toronto and Colorado. The games should have been over after the 1st period.

Instead, we constantly let the teams hang around long enough.

The Montreal Canadiens have no killer instinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Nice post, but you must admit you very negative ? When it comes to the Habs.
Yes. I am negative this year because of the frustrating changes to our line-up by Martin. I believe with the right line-up, a few tweaks bringing in some grit for our 4th line (2 more Ryan White type players) that we can be a good hockey club.

An effective, gritty, high-energy 4th line that can change the momentum for our team would go a long-way.

I think Martin is the wrong man for the job. Just look at how he is handling Eller, Kostitsyn and Cole.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 10-18-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: merged
Gainey#1* is offline   Reply With Quote