View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 03:59 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
Just so people know, it will not be the end of the world if things don't get worked out. He is the best player the Wild have however. And if the decide to move him, then so be it. I just hope I don't have to keep reading little things about an announcement coming soon again. I wish he would just play that extra game overseas so this could all end for this season. I would much rather prefer that Wild fans talk about players that are playing on the team now. There is nothing we can do that will make this situation end sooner. But the endless complaining on wild.com is just too much. Every thread turns into this debate.
That about sums up my thoughts on this (I've pretty much given up posting on the wild.com boards, but I can't help but skim the threads still.. I should just go cold turkey).

I'm pretty unhappy about the situation, but I guess these things happen. It's a bit worse for us than, for example, Edmonton with Comrie, because we don't really have any other guys to take up the slack. Not even with the points, but with the "star quality" player attention, if you know what I mean. Maybe Bouchard, but I dunno. He's looked good so far, but the whole team has been so 'off' it's hard to really judge any performance. Perhaps when things start to click a little better, Bouchard will emerge a bit more. Bouchard and Dupuis could probably combine for some pretty nice action on the ice, I suppose. I'm worried about Dupuis, though. I liked him a lot his first full season with the Wild, even though his stats weren't as good as last season. I thought he made a great 2nd-3rd line winger. Good energy, nothing too flashy, but an exciting shot. Really looked like he put in a good, consistent effort and could make things happen against the right players. I think he's one of those guys that can play much better when the whole team is doing well. The way things are going now, I worry he'll be expected to do too much. Probably not from the team, but certainly from the fans. I just hope he doesn't get too much pressure to produce until he's back into the swing of things.
(that was even more babbling.. maybe less ranting, but more babbling. )