Thread: Recalled/Assigned: 10/25 - Bell returned to Whale
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I know the quotes. They're not relevant after the fact.

I think it's pretty obvious Torts has a huge say in the construction of the team. He usually speaks in absolutes when referencing players and their role.

I don't doubt that he talks to people in the organization but I think that Sather explains if something will or won't work that Torts wants to do based on the cap or waivers or whatever.

Torts to me has carte blanche when it comes to determining what he wants to do with personnel.

Where other people come into play are on moves like Newbury for MZA. Torts realized after three games that his utilization of the player was awful and he would get nothing out of him being here. So he told the organization he wanted someone a little grittier up here.

Then they ask Hartford coach who is playing best that fits that description and they send up Hartford.

But I think it's pretty obvious that Torts has the biggest say of any in player personnel. He's the coach. That's the way it should be.
I'm providing you reasoning as to why I feel he's behind Newbury as a player that fits this team at this present time. More so than MZA given what they both bring to the table.

you think it's a matter of improper utilization and Torts is just BS'ing the media because has no use for certain players. I just don't think MZA showed enough with and away from the puck for them to give him the minutes he deserved. He may be better off in harford for now. Or maybe he gets packaged for a player that best fits our structure.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote