View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
As a regular reader of opposing GDT's, one thing I've noticed is that every single time the other fanbase collectively expects the Canucks to win in a blowout, the Canucks end up losing. Please be a bit more optimistic for our sake.

The Canucks have played like crap for 40 minutes in each game they've played. The only reason we're .500 right now is because the team only starts playing in the 3rd period when they have to. We spend most of the 1st period in the penalty box. If Kesler wasn't playing I'd be expecting a loss, but being the player he is I'm hoping he calms the team down in that regard. That and the fact that the team is honouring Rick Rypien tonight. Something eerie I just noticed today is that when the Canucks honoured Bourdon three years ago, both Rypien and Demitra were in the lineup.

I'm excited to see the Richards-Gaborik combo. Keep your eyes on Hodgson. He's been one of our best players in every single game this season. Tonight's the first game of his career that he'll be playing with a star player like Kesler. Many people have already labeled him a bust, but his play on the ice states otherwise.
That sounds sort of like us. Except the part about showing up in the third period