View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 04:19 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
He makes that exact play (with no one back) once a game. Hence my argument that this may just be a timing issue. That's the first time I remember it backfiring.
Very good point, this is hardly the first time Subban has gone for one these rushes and not the first time he's done so with little to-no help behind him. It's just one of the first times or only time it's resulted in a direct give away and a goal against. That coupled with his poor play in 2 of the previous 3 games is blowing this out of proportions in my eyes. He's going to take risks, it's one of the reasons he's gotten this far and it's one of the reasons why he is so good.

In response to one the posts above on this page regarding passes up the middle that get intercepted, that happens every single game to most puck-moving defenseman on every team. Even "lord" Markov gets some of his passes through the neutral zone picked off. If anyone here actually follows the poster "Just thoughts" and his blog after every game, you'd see that PK's risk/reward has been solid this season and his grade is generally amongst the highest of the team and especially the defense corps.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote