View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Why do we need to trade our power forward? The goal was to get bigger on the wing but now were going to trade that size? Makes no sense. Plus we don't need anymore defenseman. If we look at defenseman it needs to be prospects coming back.
How many power forwards does one team need?

You have JVR, Jagr, Voracek, Simmonds, who are all above 6'2 and can all hold their own on the boards as far as puck possession.

I know Jagr and Voracek don't fit the conventional "power forward" definition, but I lumped them in there since I think you were referring to the fact that we complained about not having size and getting outbattled on the boards. We now have 5 wingers in the top 9 who can more than hold their own on the boards (I'd even throw Read in there from what I've seen so far). The difference is, Hartnell has a higher cap hit than most of those wingers and doesn't have as much skill as most of those wingers.

I'm not saying I think Hartnell stinks. I don't. I just think he has been surpassed by Simmonds and therefore in his current diminished role, he isn't as valuable to us. I think that Schenn's style of play would create better chemistry amongst our lines. So with Schenn sitting there seemingly ready for the call-up, I'd prefer to see Hartnell gone.

So if it were up to me, I'd be shopping Hartnell. My favorite idea that I've come across so far is Hartnell + Carle + some picks for Ryan Suter. Don't know if that is possible, but something along those lines... Hartnell + Carle for a young stud blue-liner. It would improve the team right away and also leave us better off for the future b/c we desperately need a young stud defenseman... it's one of the few things we're currently lacking as an organization.

If we can't get anything of significant value for Hartnell, then obviously you keep him and I think you look at rolling 4 scoring lines, no goons.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote