View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 05:37 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I doubt the Wild are even taking phone calls regarding Gaborik. They are playing hard ball, or 'Yashin ball' as it is referred to sometimes, and i doubt have any interest in moving him, unless a team is offering a young, franchise type player, who has already prove he can score 30+ goals at the NHL level (we don't have one of those, so...).

That would be unwise of them if they don't at least listen to offers. No GM should ever not listen to what offers come in. It doesn't mean you have to trade him, but it could pay off if the right deal were offered.

Me, I'd pitch for Gabo in a heartbeat or even faster in possible. But the cost will be painful for Hab fans. I think that the Wild should consider moving him for sure. They can make the playoffs which is big money, and not having their superstar in the lineup will hurt any team in many ways. If they were to move him, and we were interested, I hate to say it, but the deal starts with Koivu. Koivu and Theodore have the most value, IMO. I would trade almost anyone on the team for Gabo. Komo, Kastsitsyn, Perezhogin, Hossa and Balej I wouldn't move. Hossa and Gaborik could have some real chemistry togehter, with Balej joining them next year perhaps.

I know everyone will "freak out" when they read trade Koivu or Theodore for Gaborik. It doesn't matter what anyone says, it only matters what Bob Gainey does. Forget about telling me how we can't trade Koivu or Theodore cause they are the leaders or the top players. It's not going to happen anyway. They aren't going anywhere. But if something were to happen, it would take our top player to get Gaborik IMO.

Next year I see us goin with Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Begin as our 4 centers. Gaborik, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Begin souds good to me as well. I don't think the Wild will move Gabo, and I don't think the Habs would pony up the doe to get him. But if you ask me, the Wild would get a very nice return if they moved him, which could turn out even better for them then keeping him.