View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 05:40 AM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
I personally am ambivalent about this trade. We need someone that can be relied on as the go-to-guy on this team. We have enough Isbisters and Dvoraks on this team. We already are dishing out enough chances to players to re-ignite their performances. I think we would just be diluting our rosters which already has tremendous depth. The thing that separates this team from VAN and OTT is we don't have a Bertuzzi, Hossa. A player that is a gamebreaker. That used to be Doug Weight on this team. You could count on him almost every night that he would have a solid performance.

Therefore, I would rather have Comrie sit out and try to get Ovechkin. Ovechkin has franchise player written all over him. I think if we get this kid, we are going to be closer to the cup than we ever had in the past decade or so.
That is a pretty big risk here... there is no guarantee that the Oilers get Ovechkin even if they finish dead last...

Nevermind the fact the fans would go ape-crap all over the place. This is not a last place hockey club, and we all know it.