View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
He's playing with a lot of confidence.

Damphousse had an interesting remark regarding Kosty before the game saying that he seemed to play better with players younger than him. I don't know if he defers too much when playing with vets, but whatever.

He's making sweet passes showing his skills/vision and profits from the numerous turnovers caused by Pacioretty( and vice-versa). He may not have the best hockey sense, but man, when he sees a teamate or knows a teamate is there, he can sure put the puck on tape with some crisp passes to display all his skills.

But what I like best from watching him right now is his defensive play. He's really positionning himself well in the defensive zone and coming back deep when needed. A couple of times on the backcheck, I noticed him skate hard to cover his man( the right man, no Gomez blown defensive covers **note this is an exemple from the playoff last spring fro those who remember because Gomez had a great game too**).

He's also finishing his check and, with Pacioretty, is giving the space necessary for DD to show his stuff.

Hoping that Martin keeps that line together for a long time. Yours, truly.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote