View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
I agree the team played well. What happened to the Habs tonight is what happened to Washington against Montreal in the 09-10 playoffs. Quantity and Quality chances generated by one team with the other relying on remarkable goaltending and being lucky enough to convert their few chances. If the team can play like this going forward it's going to be a great season*.

I disagree with your point about Gionta not picking up his man though (I might be wrong). At the end of the shift when Buffalo broke with the puck Kostitsyn & Desharnais were very slow (some would say lazy) coming off the ice for the line change. That put Gionta and Gomez on the back foot and neither of them were able to get completely back defensively.

*assuming they don't suffer from awful puck luck like New Jersey did last season.
I'll look for that in the replay and see if it was another forward who messed up and not gionta.

Either way though... the forward support in the defensive zone has been the Habs biggest problem so far this season.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote