Old
10-28-2003, 07:27 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
If I were Kevin Lowe, I would have Comrie sit out and not move him till draft day. This is the fact that if he does get signed, it will take some time for him to adjust from Golden Bears Hockey to the NHL level. Therefore, his productions will go down and he will struggle. Kinda like what happened with Weight with his contract dispute a few years back. Then fans will turn up the "Comrie bashing" even more, making a horrible distraction for a team that will be fighting for 7-8th spot. It will be a huge soap opera for a young team and frankly, I don't think the team would be able to perform at its peak with this distraction. I'd only imagine this to be ten times worse than what happened with Arnott.

I'd say do what OTT did and trade or package Comrie to get Ovechkin.
I have talked about this course of action a ka-billion times, but from what I have herd, people don't seem overly interested in waiting. What I proposed to get OVechkin was:

Comrie
first
Chimera
Lynch
for
first

So really we'd get Ovechkind and the other team would get a great deal of help now for a pick downgrade. I dunno. I'd be happy with it.