View Single Post
Old
10-18-2011, 11:57 PM
hagsfan924

vCash: 500
I think Erixon had a strong game tonight.
Del Zotto minus the late penalty was good throughout.
Woywitka I thought did not look too good out there on defense. Noticed him having trouble finding the puck in front on Lundqvist that almost resulted in Vancouver tying the game up at 1. He looks sloppy and slow to me but I guess we had no choice but him tonight.
I think once Sauer comes back that will be huge since that will knock Woywitka out of the lineup and move most of the D a slot down in a more comfortable position.
Obviously Girardi and McD were awesome tonight. McD has really stepped up without Staal. IMO the poor performance the first 3 games should not be blamed on Staals absence. Our offense could not get going and way too many stupid penalties.
I think having both Staal and Sauer out hurt us in the loss against the Isles though.
I would like to see our dpairs look like this when both Staal and Sauer come back...
Staal-Girardi
McD-Erixon
Sauer-Del Zotto
Eminger
I think the only weaknesses I have seen from Erixon are a few bad penalties but the whole team has been in trouble there and he is getting better.

On offense, I dont know what took us so long to get going. The first goal felt alot like last year one of those grinding goals to put us up 1-0. I thought that was going to be it. But we kept at it and hopefully the 4 goal game will kick start our offense. Glad Gabby got that goal at the end and wow McD blew me away on that play to get him that goal.

So our D is playing well, we finally scored some goals...next area of concern is our Power Play...hopefully we can get that going in the next game.

hagsfan924 is offline   Reply With Quote