View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 06:30 AM
Atlanta Jim

vCash: 500
Thrashers view

Here's my take on Stefan: A defensive guy who won't score much on the NHL level unless you move him to wing. This year he's gone from 2nd line Center with Kovalchuk to 4th line center and 8 minutes a game. Disappears on the ice too much. I have to really look for his number to find him. Tommi Santala from Finland has shown that he's willing to take some punishment in front of the net so he's taken some ice time away from Stefan. ON the positive side he can skate.....makes nice passes and shoots when playing wing. There are times when you see him take the puck....fly past somebody and make a tape to tape pass. Then you won't see him again for a while. He should be good enough that we can trade Stefan for Comrie straight up....being a overall number 1. It says a lot when he is only PART of a package. If I were the Oilers I'd take Stefan and move him to wing. A lot depends on what other teams are offering.....Stefan, a d-man prospect (not Coburn) our number 1.....is there another team out there willing to give up more for a hold-out guy?