View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Andros777

vCash: 500
I WOULD love to get Nathan Mackinnon next year, but I wouldn't tank.

There are a few guys on this team, Mike Cammalleri first and foremost, who believe in this team and who made huge commitments and took big risks signing here. And it would seem to me to be a really classless act to break faith with those guys and waste a year of their careers, so we can draft our superstar, who they won't even get the benefit of playing with because they'll be passing on when we're done with this refit/rebuild whatever you want to call it. Some of these guys have a limited amount of time to win their cup, and they decided to risk it with us. That means something to me because it's not like we're a successful franchise. Guys sign here and play here because the franchise promises them that we're going to try to win.

Obviously the franchise doesn't really owe Gomez anything, or any of the other guys who have underperformed, but Cammalleri and Plekanec...unless we could find an absolutely amazing new place to play for them somewhere else, even then I don't know if I'd do it.

I wouldn't humiliate a guy like Cammalleri like that, call me sentimental.