View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
If this had been brought up a year ago, I would have agreed 100% but now it's a different story. This is not a knock against Gorges, I love the guy and I'd love to see him with the team in the long run and I think he will be, but not as captain.

I think the next captain of Les Glorieux will be none other than that American youngster. You know, the guy who came back from a gruesome injury at the hands of Zdeno Chara, the guy who's leading the team in points, the guy who battles hard day-in day-out regardless of what the scoreboard says. That Max Pacioretty guy.

One of the arguments one could use against him being captain would probably be his maturity level. Now, maybe this is just me, but I think think he's matured a great deal since the night of March 8th, 2011. At first, Max was not at all ready to accept Chara's apology, and I don't really blame him, but he came around and he accepted it like an adult, not like the kid he once was. I also have a feeling that him being around Erik Cole can only help his maturation process as Cole is a guy who went through a similar ordeal, having broken his neck in 2006.

Either way, the leadership within the organization is in great shape. Not matter who gets named the next captain, be it Gorges, or Pacioretty, or Subban, or Eller, the leadership depth is unreal and I'll be happy with choice the organization makes because with those four you just can't go wrong

Help is offline   Reply With Quote