View Single Post
Old
10-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7
With all the holdouts and FA still available, will we see Florida pick anyone up? Patrick Stefan is on the block in Hotlanta, Gaborik is still a holdout in Minn, as is Comrie, and a savvy veteran like Ronning is still unsigned. IMO our first rounder this year (and whatever else it wook) would be worth trading for a bona fide star player like Gabs. It would also help the Cats lack of scoring...
Okay, my turn

Gaborik: would be a great pick up for any team, but it doesn't mean any team can pick him up. Minnesota may trade him eventually, but at a high price to the receiving team. And then that team has to sign him. You can bet Dudley isn't even considering asking Cohen for that kind of cash.

Comrie: Again, as news has suggested, asking price is too high ($4 million would make him the Panthers highest paid player, ahead of already overpaid Val Bure). He's still young, so it's still questionable if he's worth it. Also, he's showing he's a player with loose loyalties, which often isn't good for team-building (though every team has those guys).

Ronning: I think there's a reason Nashville and Minnesota have let him go in recent years. He still has hands, perhaps, but it may be his age is slowing him down. He's what, 150 now? After Hoglund failed to make the team, I don't think the Panthers want to try again mid-season. Besides, the old veterans have never worked for the Panthers. Gagner, Tikkanen, Muller, Greg Adams, Sheppard v2.0 - none of them gave enough after signing in South Florida.