View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
on versus/nbc, jr & pierre mcquire blamed clb def more than crediting benn. probably a combo of both, but benn's strength was on display there. no other dallas player coulda done that. rick freaking nash was like a fly on benn's shoulder.
Don't get me wrong, it was a sweet goal on a solid effort but I tend to agree with those guys in blaming Columbus more than giving credit to Benn. It was atrocious defending that a talented offensive player capitalized on. Still great to see for the home team though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Gulu's relationship with he Riberio line seems tenuous at best. It would not surprise me if by the end of the year the Benn line is definitely considered the 1st line, atm they're playing like it. Gulu clearly trusts the Ott-Benn-Loui line in defensive and offensive situations and is frustrated with the Riberio line. We'll see if they can resolve it over the season.
I think he's more learning his players and how they respond to coaching tactics like that than anything else. He'll have to keep an eye on those guys to make sure they don't get too cute. They're at their best when they play strong cycle, puck possession hockey; all three players have a tendency to try to force the issue a bit from time to time. I don't think he's distrustful of them in the big picture though.

We should expect the Benn line to be involved in all situations, especially defensively. The Ribs line will never be the guys looked upon to lock down the opposition while holding a lead.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote