vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
My ideal lines (with the guys who are currently up here) would be:

Simmonds - Giroux - Jagr
JVR - Schenn - Briere
Voracek - Couturier - Read
Hartnell - Talbot - Shelley

I honestly think Danny B is terrible at faceoffs and is really struggling right now to find chemistry w/ his current linemates. I also think Danny is at his best sometimes coming off the wing and kind of sneaking down low. I think putting Schenn in the middle would solve the faceoff problem, and hopefully adding another skill player to his line will get him going.

On another note, our 2nd powerplay unit (Danny B, Voracek, JVR) has been nothing short of TERRIBLE. I think Schenn should get some looks on the 2nd PP unit for sure.
Brière is at 56.5% at draws so far this season. Granted, he's not been close to that in the past, but still. Talbot and Couturier, however...

There are other aspects of being a center that is more troublesome with him though. He's quite simply not good enough defensively, and a bit too small, Hartnell took a huge load of the defensive work for the HBL line last year and Brière needs someone to do so for him again.

I think he's beginning to look better the past couple of games. Him and Voracek are beginning to find each other, but it can still be a lot better, that's for sure.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote