View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 02:14 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Brière is at 56.5% at draws so far this season. Granted, he's not been close to that in the past, but still. Talbot and Couturier, however...

There are other aspects of being a center that is more troublesome with him though. He's quite simply not good enough defensively, and a bit too small, Hartnell took a huge load of the defensive work for the HBL line last year and Brière needs someone to do so for him again.

I think he's beginning to look better the past couple of games. Him and Voracek are beginning to find each other, but it can still be a lot better, that's for sure.
Had no clue he was over 50% for the season on draws... that's what I get for not checking the stats, haha. However, I know based on historical stats (and a larger sample), he is far from a good faceoff man.

From my point of view, Danny just seems the most obvious to slide over... draws have been a weakness in the past for him, and he doesn't play well enough in the defensive end to be a center. Putting him on the wing would allow his skill set to shine more IMO.

Schenn and Couturier on the other hand have the size and the ability on draws that you want in a center and both excel at the defensive aspects of the game.

The three scoring lines should be:

Simmonds - Giroux - Jagr (same as the 1st powerplay unit... they have good chemistry)

Voracek or JVR - Schenn - Briere (Give Briere two skill players to work w/ and get him out of the middle)

JVR or Voracek - Couturier - Read

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote