View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Yeah, decent points all through. I would contend that we're giving up prime chances that need to be cleaned up. Yes, I agree with him that the defense isn't that bad. A decrease in the shots allowed are a product of a few things, we've also had great offensive zone time.

That first goal was just poor. However, as far as replacing him, the team is handcuffed. In that now famous plan of mine (3 whole people!), one of things I was doing was freeing up the money to get Mason off the roster and bring in a replacement. Anyone saying Turco hasn't watched this guy much over the last couple of years. While he might give us performance greater than Mason, it wouldn't be by a great deal.

I don't want to flail around wildly in desperation. As I've always said, once you clean up the play in front of the goaltender then you can give a real evaluation of the goal tender. I've already said we shouldn't have signed Mason to that contract, but I also wanted to see what the new goal tending coach would do. If last nights game is any indication, not much. If that SO is further evidence, no improvement at all.

I agree that we are probably at the time to address the goal tending. But that's difficult to do with a 2.9 million goal tender on the roster and up against the cap.

We can clean up those chances against. We did some of that in the last game.

I really hope Mason get's his game together. Howson keeps trying to cover up his own mistakes on the roster. Based on the situation he was in I agreed with is calculated risk and then the injury (Dek).

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote