View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 04:06 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Would drive me nuts. Emelin has been getting more and more physical every game. I can see him getting more confident out there. He moves the puck very well and his level of violence gets more and more exciting as time passes.

Honestly, I'm not so sure we need Spacek back that badly. I know it's all "doom and gloom" around here, but I am very impressed and happy with the way the team has been playing the last 2 games. The defense moves the puck exceptionally well...It's like the opposition never gets the puck. You have occasional brain farts as would be expected with all the rookies, but otherwise I really like the way we move the puck. It's been dominant for 2 games now...We ran into some bad luck is all.
The defense does move the puck very well, the problem is when the opposing team starts to cycle and sends the puck back to the point. Our dmen have trouble blocking access to Price's crease...the lack of a physical, punishing dman is evident in situations like this. But it's not something the Habs can't overcome.

Spacek should be back sometime mid-November, but I hope between now and then, it'll give time to Yemelin, Diaz and Weber to adjust and be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.

Defensman are always in demand and at some point in the season this year, probably in December/January, the Habs (knock on wood) should have 8 healthy and capable NHL dmen, there could be a situation where another teams needs some depth which could create a situation where PG is ACQUIRING an additional 2nd round pick instead of trading one to patch up a hole...but then again, this is the Habs...