View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Despite all the talk of justification and such, one has to wonder about the use of traq darts. I understand it's a unique situation, but I'm not sure if I want cops opening fire on animals in the fields either. Good way for someone to get hurt as well.
In that part of the state, there are THOUSANDS of hunters out there every week, and I'd say that none of them are as trained as these officers. I'd be more worried about Joe Schmoe wandering the woods with his shiny new shotgun and only a few hours of safety training (and maybe not even that).

Quote:
Was there no one in the Columbus area that could have been called to assist with capturing these animals? I'm sure it would have taken a few hours to find a few of animals while waiting on assistance to show up.
Animal Control is prepared for raccoons, deer, that sort of problem. Not dozens of lions, bears, etc. The Columbus Zoo is probably the only organization even remotely prepared for something like this, and they were called.

Quote:
It's a shame it came to this, but if you have a farm of this type close wouldn't you like to attempt to be prepared in the event of an issue? It's not like someone else couldn't have done the same thing for fun even.
Prepare for the possible escape of dozens of highly dangerous wild animals? Cops with guns sounds like the right plan to me. The person that held all these animals would be responsible for the results, but in this case that doesn't matter anymore.

Last edited by Zoo16: 10-19-2011 at 05:32 PM.