View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I know it's only Rinaldo and Zolnierczyk that were sent down, but I'm wondering if maybe the Flyers management felt too uncomfortable with so many first year players in the lineup. I know about the financial issues and salary cap issues, but I still wonder if maybe they felt the team was too young and wanted some veterans in here to help some of the younger players when times get tough.

I'm not defending the moves made today because I really do think and believe that Rinaldo and Zolnierczyk offer so much more than Shelly does. I still think why aren't they waiving Matt Walker and getting his salary out of there as well. Sometimes the moves this franchise makes really leave you scratching your head.
I think they really want to make Walker the 6th D-man. All we heard was how great of a camp he had and how healthy he was. Honestly. If Walker plays a simple game i wouldn't mind. He doesn't have to go out and put numbers. As long as he is solid in his own zone and protects his teammates then his price tag is worth it.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote