View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 06:04 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
Nash was throwing his body around last night, checking hard, even in open ice. Hard to use this one example as an indication of how he played all game, IMO.
I agree with you, he did play a decent game last night. That's just it, though; it's not the whole game. It's sporadic lapses like this that are the reason he's not actually a superstar, or even a consistent 70-point scorer. Even if he was skating towards the bench and changed his mind (good!), he then doesn't commit fully to stopping the play (bad!). He was right there, and he decided to do a little stick poke instead of using his massive god-given body and stopping the guy. And then, his body language after that is more "I don't care" than "Is there something else I can do to stop this guy?".

Maybe Rick Nash is the Jay Cutler of the NHL? Both men are supremely gifted athletically. Much like Nash, everyone who knows Cutler personally say he's the best dude, the hardest worker, totally committed, etc. But sometimes his playing field demeanor is confusing. I don't profess to know these guys personally, or have any insight into the locker room or psyche. But little things like this add up, and make you wonder.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote