View Single Post
Old
10-19-2011, 10:58 PM
AllByDesign
Who's this ABD guy??

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
The Coyotes look like they are bound for QC. News out of Glendale has been curiously absent, with no comment from the city or any new developments with the 2 groups supposedly trying to buy the team. Neither group has promised to keep the team in Glendale. Both are going to be looking for significant subsidies. The city has repeatedly stated that said subsidies are no longer an option. Current political climate is also going to be much more hostile towards such a thing.

The NHL will take money from Glendale to continue the circus until QC is ready for their team.
I don't see the final credits rolling after this predicted end. I see a much different finale.

My gut tells me that a transaction will take place to keep the team local. I see the COG bending on its demands for a long term "locked in" lease. They will realize that a little bit of something is much better than a whole lot of nothing. Having a quality owner step in and make a go of it may turn out to supply long term ownership. It may turn out to be a dismal failure and relocation in 5 years. Either scenario is much more appealing than losing the team outright and having laid a 50 million dollar egg over the last two years.