View Single Post
Old
10-20-2011, 07:38 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I'm not sure why what happened to Zherdev after he left here has to do with Torts and what happened when he was here. Renney seemed to get a pretty good season out of Z when he was here (and I'm no Z fan), and the Flyers situation is completely different because that team was stacked with talented players unlike the one he was on when he was here.
I bring it up because it's not about Torts' using the guy incorrectly, it's about the guy not doing what the coach(es) expect from him - EVERYWHERE he goes. Not to mention the fact that the guy looked like a deer in the headlights for 7 playoff games and then wants a huge raise. He's immensely talented and I really wish he could get his **** together.

Quote:
I don't disagree that Z is at fault for not being around anymore, but it doesn't change the fact that Torts has zero patience for players that have tons of offensive potential but not much else. This was a guy that had 60 plus points the year before Torts got here. It didn't take him long to run him out of town.
How complicated is it to back check and be hard on the puck? Seriously, if I were coach and the guy(s) I were coaching were unable/unwilling to do that then I'd have no use for them either. If Marian Gaborik (via Wild/LeMaire) can be convinced to be defensively responsible then there's no reason not to expect that from other "talented" forwards.

Quote:
Why aren't you as adamant about the coach adapting? If he were really good at what he does he'd be able to get the most out of players and wouldn't end up kicking talent out of town because they won't play the way he wants them to. It goes both ways you know. How many teams with a bunch of grinders and muckers have won the Cup? You still need talent places.
Because I disagree with the notion of "all of you need to backcheck and support your D - except for you WW, because you've got good hands". It sends the wrong message to your team.

Quote:
Wolski needs to be given a legitimate shot next to Richards and Gabby when healthy. That's really all there is to it. Not one preseason game and then Torts gives up and has had enough. He needs a stretch of games to see if it works. If it doesn't and he's playing on the fourth line then it's just another in a long line of mismanagement from this coach.
Disagree again. WW hasn't earned anything (whether that's fair or not, considering his injury) and, at this point, it's Stepan's job to lose. What kind of message are you sending Derek if he's booted from top line the second the mercurial WW joins the lineup?

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote